I’ve been following a blog by Nancy Wang and commenting with her back and forth. This could be the start of new blogging friendship! Recently she nominated me for the “Real Neat Blog Award” and I just had to participate!
Her blog is called Nancy Wang Co. and it covers a mixture of fashion, food and insightful posts that really motivate me to continue blogging and exploring my personal style. Speaking of style, hers is amazingly flexible. She has a great eye for fashion and can change her look at will! She’s got a great husband ( I say this because he helps her take the pretty pictures of her OOTDs so he must be great) and two furry kids. What I like most about her, aside from her creative abilities, is that you can tell that she enjoys what she does and wants to connect with others in the same boat. Check out her “Nancy and Her Blog” post and be inspired.
If you were nominated, here is how it works :
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blog
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Questions from Nancy & My Answers
1.Use 5 words to describe yourself!
Resourceful, minimalistic, curious, quirky, courageous
- Coffee or Tea?
Tea (though coffee is sooo good) because it comes in so many fruity, herbal, fragrant varieties
- What’s your favorite piece in your wardrobe?
Awe man, do I have to pick just one? LOL. Ok, if that’s the case, I would say my wedding dress because when I tried it on, I didn’t have the money to buy it but my husband (then fiancé) surprised me on our anniversary by purchasing it himself! I wear it once a year on our wedding anniversary (he wears a suit) to bring back the newness and excitement of marriage. This year we may visit a museum or even the state fair before heading to dinner!
- If you can choose any place on earth to live, where will that be?
Honestly, right where I am at this point. We’ve been having a great time exploring the DFW metroplex and success at work. Once we are debt free (should happen by the time we are 30 and 31), we’ll be free to go wherever we want! One thing that I’ve come to realize is that you are never stuck in a situation unless you give up. Everything has a season and you gotta be ready to make moves when you feel the winds of change. I hope that we’ll live near a beach at some point, in a small town, on a big piece of land, and smack dab in the middle of downtown. I want to experience it all.
- What’s the most important lesson you learned from blogging?
As life happens, your style of writing will evolve. When I first started blogging, it was all about where my life was taking me as I transitioned from college to life after undergrad. That time in my life was pretty difficult and my frustration was reflected in my posts. After a year and a half, I archived those posts and decided to re-focus my blog on life, love and style in order to document my journey from a new perspective and hopefully encourage and inspire others by sharing my story. There have been a few people who’ve told me that the things I’ve done inspired them to take action in their lives. I was pretty moved and honored by this. It lets me know that I’m doing this right.
- If you can have ONE superpower, what will that be?
Being able to speak/write/read any language. I could make so many more friends that way and traveling the world would be so much easier. I’m currently learning Japanese and Spanish on my own.
- Name one or few movies that you love!
The Best Man
Deliver Us from Eva
My Name is Khan
Julie and Julia
The Lion King
Fifel Goes West
The Parent Trap
I now nominate these bloggers for the award:
If you’ve been nominated, please answer these questions.
1. Tell me about something courageous that you did and how it impacted your life.
2. Do you prefer thrift shopping or retail stores?
3. What are your hobbies or personal projects outside of blogging?
4. Ever thought about becoming a housewife? Why or why not?
5. Everybody has a physical trait that they love about themselves, what’s yours?
6. Describe your personal style in 5 words.
7. Share a romantic tale, preferably one that happened to you.