Hi Queens and Kings.
This past week I spent a much needed week away from work at our family house in Grand Prairie. While it was a little tough adjusting to the periodic yells from my nieces, I got in some much needed relaxation, quality time with family and even some exercise. The only downside was not being able to spend that time with my husband. He spent the week with his family out of state this year but we kept in touch through text and video chats until his return on Saturday.
The end of the year is upon us and I don’t want to move forward without contemplating what I’m thankful for. So here’s a list of blessings from this year that I’ve deemed top 10 shares:
- Brandon and I have served in many capacities at church as well as given consistently to two ministries and a missionary in China.
- My marriage is still in tact and our finances – after improving our spending habits and salary increases at work – have reached a new height!
- I’ve made a leap of faith and started my own company! I’m still in the beginning stages but excited about what God is doing.
- After months of relying on the bus, we were given a truck from some friends of ours. God is awesome!!
- A large portion of my family moved to Texas meaning more opportunities to see my nieces and nephews grow up as well as spend time with my Mom and sisters.
- I’ve befriended three young ladies and working on building friendships with them that I hope will go far.
- My husband and I have gained a few pounds (yikes) but are in good health and starting a new healthy lifestyle.
- I’ve joined a small committee at work dedicated to orchestrating a monthly activity for the staff. So far we’ve put on a costume Pictionary contest, had a Halloween party and a chili contest.
- I’ve gained more self confidence socially and professionally. I’m not the social and active butterfly that I was in college but I’m slowly regaining stamina. I don’t want to be that busy but I do want to stay mentally stimulated and active.
- Justice (woof!) has adjusted to life with us and has met lots of people and a few other canines too. He still prefers avoiding strangers but is a lot less alert around them. He used to be kind of a wild beast, lol, but now he’s so chill and loves being around our family and friends.
There you have it, my top 10 reasons to be grateful for 2015. Of course, there are so many more things to appreciate. I can’t say enough how much God has taken care of me personally and us as couple. He’s helped us leave the familiar and blaze a path for ourselves and others. I’m excited to see what He does next year!