Resisting Retail: My Wardrobe Photo Library

If you’ve been reading my blog, you know that I’m on this Resisting Retail Challenge where I’m not buying clothes for a year. As promised, I have photographed every item in my closet that I plan on wearing for the next 365 days (this doesn’t include fitness items, sleepwear or undies). I was nervous about starting this challenge because I really enjoy thrift shopping. As I lined up all of my clothes and labeled them, I quickly discovered that I had a lot of choices.

Here are the stats:

55 Tops
13 Pants
7 Jackets & Blazers
4 Pairs of Shorts
31 Skirts Dresses

It just goes to show you that I’m pretty much equipped not to shop for a while. If you think of it with a worldly perspective, the amount of clothes I have is really excessive in comparison to someone who only has one outfit that they wear out of the house and one to wear at home. I’m truly blessed, right where I am, to have so many options. It’s not about warmth or coverage, I’ve dipped into the style and self expression pool. I’m thankful and grateful but it’s time to stop shopping and start styling with what I have available. So without further ado, here are my clothes. If you want to participate in the challenge, feel free to pick out an outfit and leave your thoughts in a comment. I’ll wear the items you chose and post them on my blog. Click on a set of items for a closer look. Have courage.

bottoms

dresses

tops

20 Comments Add yours

1. Brooke says:

Wow, this is amazing that you are doing this…I would have no willpower! Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

xo,
    Brooke | KBStyled

2. Ivette says:

This is such a cool idea! While it must be extremely difficult, it’s so important to remember what we already own so that we can appreciate all we have. I think a great outfit would be – T32 + P13 + some cute sneakers 🙂

xo Ivette

3. brittany says:

Wow, so amazing that you are sticking to this! Love the pieces you already own! Go girl!

4. Brooke Ellen says:

This is a super cool idea, though I don’t think I could pull it off! I am about to finish 100 days of no buying and I am dying! I also may have slipped for a pair of sunnies. darn.
    GOOD LUCK!!! I can’t wait to see why you do!

xoxo
    Brooke

5. Elle Spann says:

ahh this makes me feel so bad because i was supposed to clean out my closet this weekend. if i would have, i would have found, like you, that i don’t need to shop!! get it girl!
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

6. Samantha says:

This is such a great idea! Good for you! Don’t think I could do it lol

7. Amanda Kruse says:

Wow! This is so cool! I don’t know if I would be able to do this! Can’t wait to see what you do!

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

8. That’s great that you are doing this! I should try to and challenge myself 😉

9. You have lots of clothing…way more than me but it’s also amazing how you can mix everything up easily and make more and more outfits each time you wear something. It’s a true talent! Love xx, adaatude.com

10. Molly Moon says:

Such a great challenge–can’t wait to see what you come up with! So many fantastic looks can come out of this.

Molly | Hey There Sunshine

11. Mary says:

Wow this is amazing! Kudos to you lady! Looking forward to following along!

Sportsanista

12. Crazy respect for you and what you’re trying to accomplish. It can be so hard to get caught up in what’s “in” and trendy. I’m looking forward to following your journey here!

Cameron Proffitt

13. What an awesome challenge! I love that even though you love thrift shopping, something that’s not super expensive, you’re still challenging yourself to not shop. I can’t wait to read about your experiences and hear how it goes!

14. Mae says:

This is super impressive! I absolutely love your perspective and wish you all the luck! For your OOTD pairing, I like C6 + P9 + T9. Maybe? Can’t wait to see your OOTDs!

xo, Mae | Mae Amor

15. hannahshanae says:

So awesome that you are doing this and I’m sure it will be challenging but so rewarding!

Hannah Shanae
    hannahshanae.com

16. hannahshanae says:

This is such a great idea! I am sure it will be challenging but super rewarding!

Hannah Shanae
    hannahshanae.com

17. First of all, I love this challenge. It’s amazing what one can do with some determination and creativity! I could certainly stand some discipline when thrift shopping : ).

Secondly, I love that you’ve catalogued all your clothes for a quick glance and easy pairing! It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, since half my wardrobe is folded or packed up due to space. You may have just given me the motivation I need to reorganize and tackle this project!

NewlyWeddedWurl.Wordpress.com

18. Her NAEtion says:

Wow!!! I don’t have nearly as many clothes as you do, guess I need to do a shopping challenge lol. I pick D12 with T46

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s